Physical Skills success and improvements

 Task One: Contemporary [Graham] Technique Class

Date____________________________

Physical Skills

Alignment

Coordination

Balance

Strength

Stamina

Flexibility

 

SUCCESS

Identify ONE Physical Skill which you feel you are executing confidently and effectively

 

Strength 

 

 

Film and Describe ONE exercise where you are demonstrating this skill successfully

 

One exercise I feel I am demonstrating this skill confidently in is during my warm up, where we have to complete a series of exercises but also within my dancing as I am able to lift myself from the floor, almost in a plank position while using my tailbone / spine area to arch my back off the ground.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Explain why you are executing this skill successfully in this exercise – what are you achieving well

 

I think i’m executing my strength confidently and effectively within my dancing as I am able to provide a considerable amount of force into my movements. Strength also allows me to preserver with a sequence of flowing movements for a reasonable amount of time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Task One: Contemporary [Graham] Technique Class

Date____________________________

Physical Skills

Alignment

Coordination

Balance

Strength

Stamina

Flexibility

 

AREA FOR DEVELOPMENT

 

Identify ONE Physical Skill which you feel you need to develop

 

Flexibility

 

Describe the exercise which has highlighted your need to improve this physical skill and demonstrate it on film

 

The exercise that highlighted my need to improve my flexibility is when we were lifting our legs to our fingertips and I couldn’t reach that high up with straight legs. 

 

Explain why you feel this exercise has highlighted the need to develop and improve the physical skill

 

I think I feel this exercise needs to be improved was because when I looked back on my videos , I realised I need to loosen my muscles slightly more in order to become more flexible so my sequence flows better. 

 

 

 

 

Describe and present on film ONE NEW exercise which will help you to develop this Physical Skill

 

One new exercise that’ll help me develop my flexibility is a daily routine full of exercises and stretches or even yoga to familiarise my body with these positions. 

 

 

 

 

Explain how this exercise will help you to develop the Physical Skill

 

These exercises will help me to develop my flexibility because the sequences we practice will become easier if I work on them everyday and my body will become more comfortable and familiar with certain moves.

 

 

 

Explain your TARGETS on how you will use the exercise to develop this Physical Skill.

 

I will exercise more frequently and go through a series of stretches that’ll help improve my flexibility and dancing in general. 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog